The Tsali Frosty Foot extravaganza (that’s my word to describe it because it’s 3 races in one event) takes place on Saturday January 7, 2012. I’m running the *k and really looking forward to it.
The event features three different trail races – a 50k, 30k and 8k. Something for every one. Updates on the features of this event:
- 50k – 9am
- 30k – 10am
- 8k – 11am- 12:30pm
- Lunch at Fontana Village followed by Awards Ceremony.
- Fontana Village will host a post race Chili & bread bar lunch starting at 12:30pm. This is included in your entry fee. Additional lunches may be purchased for $8. You will be responsible for your own drinks.
- Fontana Village will also be the host hotel and offer a $59 per night race rate for the weekend.
- This race will benefit the Mountains to Sea Trail. Proceeds will go to Friends of the Mountains to Sea Trail. wwwncmst.org
- Awards: Overall Awards * Top 3 Male & Female Overall * Top Male & Female Master’s (40+) * Top Male & Female Grand Master’s (50+) * Top Male & Female Senior Grand Master’s (60+) Age Group Awards Age Groups for all 3 races: Top 3 in each receive hand crafted pottery award * 19 & under * 20-35 * 36-49 * 50-65 * 66+ Finisher Awards: ALL finishers in the 50k will receive a commemorative hand crafted award.
There’s a hotel and cabins for rent at nearby Fontana Village so runners can make the trip Friday evening if they wish and sleep in before the races begin (the 50k starts at 9 AM, the 30k starts at 10 AM and the 8k starts at 11 AM).
For all the details, visit the Frosty Foot website and the registration page at Active.com.