I ran this race in 2014 and it was very enjoyable with some great post-race food. It’s part of the Asheville Track Club Grand Prix series.
FROM THE RACE ORGANIZERS
Join us for the Third Annual Chilly Challenge 8K, 1 Mile Fun Run, and Chili Cook-Off!
- The Chilly Challenge 8K is a chip-timed race on a scenic, rolling hill course in Weaverville, NC. The 8K starts and finishes at North Buncombe Middle School.
- Got a team? Teams of 8 or more runners can register together and receive a discount of $5 per runner. (This discount applies to adults over 18 only — youth prices are already discounted!) Register your workplace team, soccer team, girl scout troop, or whatever and get fired up! Youth teams and teams with youth and adults — use the paper registration form and mail it in with your payment.
- The 1 Mile Fun Run is entirely on the middle school campus, and is open to runners and walkers of all ages.
- All runners receive a cool, vintage Chilly Challenge t-shirt with their registration.
- After the race, runners can enjoy a complimentary bowl of chili. We’ll have traditional and vegetarian chili options as well as fixins, cornbread and beverages. Meals are available to spectators and supporters for $5.
- Want to enter your favorite chili recipe into the cook-off? See our website for details.
Race starts at 10 AM.
Race WebsiteRegister @ Active.comPaper Registration FormChili Cook Off